Sunday 6 May 2012

Caps win(!) and I try a Bud Light Lime-A-Rita(...)

As I'm sure you already know the Caps have evened the series at two games apiece.  Alex Ovechkin started the scoring in the first off of a bad turn-over that Ovie turned into a slap shot that found its way off of Lundqvist's glove and in.  In the second, Anisimov beat Holts to knot the game at one, Backstrom beat Lundqvist with a sick wrist shot over the goalie's right shoulder (I can only imagine Lundqvist's reaction was something like this), and Gaborik tied it yet again with a little over three minutes remaining in the period.  In the third all the scoring we would need to see was Mike Green lighting the lamp on the powerplay--something I haven't seen nearly enough of this season.

Photo Credit: Toronto Sun

Aside from all of that action we have to deal with rumors of a possible Alex Ovechkin suspension because of a hit on Dan Girardi, and Karl Alzner didn't have to return home to Jay Beagle messing up his house again.  Oh, and I had a Bud Light Lime-A-Rita--it made me feel the same way I do after entering a Walmart, which isn't a good thing.

One more shameless reminder to please pledge my beard!  Thanks for any support!


Caps win 3-2 and take the series back to New York tied.

No comments:

Post a Comment