|The Caps celebrate the win|
- Coming into Game 6, Holtby has stopped 175 of 185 shots, for a save percentage of .946. Despite giving up three goals in the game, he still stopped 34 shots, whilst Thomas had a save percentage of .875.
- There was no scoring in the first, mainly because of some great saves at both ends.
- The lamp was lit for the first time midway through the second period by Semin, whacking it in from the crease.
- It only took the Caps a couple more minutes to go 2-0 up, with Beagle scoring on a soft shot that Thomas failed to control.
At this point, I arrived back home having been out at an Indian restaurant. My tweets will show you what happened next...
- Yep, the Bruins scored twice to tie it. Seidenberg and Marchand scored within thirty seconds. The game was tied at the second intermission.
- I don't know what Dale Hunter said in the locker room, but it worked. Freed Knuble scored three minutes in on a great team play.
- But it only took five minutes for Johnny Boychuck to tie it with a, to his credit, great slapshot. (True story, I almost bought one of his used sticks for $100).
- The game looked like it was heading to OT, until Benoit Pouliot slashed Backstrom with just minutes to go. Enter Troy Brouwer.
So the Caps now have a huge advantage coming into Game 6 at the Verizon Centre today.
Let's prove those analysts wrong!
Let's unleash the fury!
Let's win the series at home!
BECAUSE IT'S THE CUP!
LET'S GO CAPS!