Saturday 8 October 2011

Opening Night!

I've been waiting for this day for quite a while now. After barely getting to see any caps playoff games back in spring due to exams (remember I live 5 hours ahead!), I can watch a caps game again. I'll be staying up until 2:30 AM to watch the Capitals destroy the Canes. I know caps fans all feel really optimistic at the start of every season, but I just have a feeling that 2011/2012 will be the Caps' year. We have strengthened our roster considerably, adding a top 5 goaltender in Voukon, and clutch players Joel Ward and Troy Brouwer. But then again, we will have to see what happens in the next couple of weeks to get a more realistic prediction. 

Right now, I see the Caps as a very realistic Cup contender, with the Canucks, Bruins, Sharks and Penguins being their main rivals.

In an unrelated note, in two weeks time, I will be flying out to North America for ten days. I'll be in NYC, Boston and Montreal, and I will see my first ever NHL game (Boston vs Montreal). I can't wait, and I will keep updates on the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment